Skip to main content

Planning an Outdoor Wedding: Stationary to Set the Mood


This is the 6th post in my Wedding Series. 

Previous posts include:





      RSVP card


One of the first items to be purchased or at least decided on when planning a wedding is the stationary.  Stationary really sets the mood for the wedding and gives guests a glimpse of what is to come.

For my daughter's outdoor wedding, a nature theme was definitely called for.  I have to confess - she did all of the work.  I only handed over my credit card information when needed. 

The first item needed was the "Save the date" card.  Many guests would be coming from out of town and a 6 month "heads up" was appreciated by them.  Ashley saw a template she liked on another blog and designed hers on her computer.  She had them printed at Office Max and then ordered kraft paper envelopes to mail them in.  The brown envelopes were a nice, natural touch.  Here is Ashley's version of  "The mailing of the 'save the dates' ".   I have to warn you - she is a hoot!

After the "save the date"  decision was made, the rest of the stationary came together pretty quickly.  We ordered the  invitations, RSVP cards, thank you notes, and several sets of address stickers (one set with our address to put on the invitations and one set with their new address for mailing thank you notes after the wedding)  from VistaPrint.  We also ordered the invitations for the rehearsal luncheon that would coordinate with the other stationary.  We took care of  the rehearsal luncheon invites because the groom's parents were in the process of moving to Germany.  We were already in the inviting mood, so we just ordered and addressed those as well. 

Notice the circle on the RSVP card that has the return date on it?  Well, it looks like we designed the card to be three dimensional but in reality it was a mistake.  You see, in all of our ordering, we forgot to add the detail of when to return the card by.  After we received the package, we realized what we'd forgotten.  So, in a creative fit, we printed the info on card stock, punched it out with a circle punch, and stamped an acorn on it.  To make the white circle show up against the card better, we edged the circle with brown ink.  We used dimensional adhesive dots to adhere it.  I actually like it better this way - the due date really stands out and the guests don't have to search for it. 

Vistaprint has several types of paper you can choose from .  We chose a medium paper weight and a matte finish. 

Lastly, the program that our guests received at the ceremony was adorable.  Again, I take no credit.  Ashley planned and executed it with some last minute help from her bridesmaids.


The covers were made with card stock.  Notice the sewn binding - much faster than punching holes and threading ribbon or raffia through.  Yup, did it on the sewing machine.


I love the wording.


Fun Facts.



She did not want an "order of service" - just an idea of what activities the guests could participate in.


I couldn't have said it better.

Stay tuned tomorrow for more wedding stuff.


Comments

  1. Those are so adorable and creative! I love all the personality in them! Have I said that already? Sorry...still love'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! And the mistake looks really great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you're thinking. Please feel free to leave ideas and comments.

Popular posts from this blog

How To Make Your Own Exercise Bike For Next To Nothing

Remember back in April when I had a kidney transplant?  Well, the kidney is doing great (thanks, Cathy , for taking such good care of it when you owned it).  There was one little glitch, however.  During surgery, the retractors they used caused some nerve damage in my right leg.  When I woke up from surgery, I couldn't move or feel my leg.  The docs felt like the feeling would come back but the paralysis had them stumped.  A visit to a neurologist ruled out a stroke and a CT scan showed some fluid which was pressing on L4 and L5 (medical talk which means I couldn't feel or move part of my leg).  The prognosis is good and I'm recovering pretty quickly.  In fact, I've left my cane behind and I'm walking freestyle without falling.  My next goal is to be able to drive. I've been itching to get back to exercising (physical therapy doesn't count) because my medication causes me to gain weight and I need to burn some calories.  Running? - nope.  Walking? - can&

A Designer's Secret For A Taller Bed

  Several years ago Hubs and I spent almost a year looking for a bedroom set that we both loved.  He wanted clean lines and dark wood.  I wanted curves and a "tall" bed.  Of course, there was no perfect bedroom set but we were able to compromise on a set that we both liked.  My main wish was for a bed that I could "climb up into".  The problem with that wish was that most of the "tall" beds were four poster beds and Hubs was not in the mood for that.  We found a Thomasville bed on display at a local furniture store and it fit the clean lines that Hubs wanted and it was "tall"  enough to suit me.  The problem was that once we received the bed we ordered in our home, it wasn't as tall as I had remembered it being.  My heart sunk!  I went back to the furniture store to look at the display.  Their bed was much taller than our bed.  Hmmm. . . what was different? I got nosey and lifted up the comforter on the bed.  It revealed their secret

Plans For A DIY Exercise Bike Stand

  Thank you to so many of you who emailed me about plans for the DIY Exercise Bike Stand .  I apologize that it has taken me so long to get the measurements to you, but they are finally here!   The wood was purchased at Home Depot and the bike pegs were purchased at Walmart in the bike section.    The bike we used for this project is a 24" 12 speed bike (I'm a shorty).  I used the hardest gear while riding, but this set-up does not allow you to really get much resistance (for building muscle).  It was great for getting my legs moving after some nerve damage.  I also wanted to burn calories and get my heart rate up and this did the trick.    If you have any questions, just shoot me an email.